Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vermont Maple Blueberry Salad

Today, we were invited to a BBQ for my friend's b-day. People who were invited were asked to bring a side dish....so of course, I thought of Zupa's salads. Mmmm....after I thought about how good their salads were....I decided to search around and try and "recreate" Zupa's Vermont Maple Blueberry Salad.

I miss Zupa's! I've been thinking about how good everything is...and just want one in Colorado! Sorry about my tangent...so, I found a recipe and tried it. I LOVE IT!!

I just want to say thank-you to the woman who's blog I found....you made all my Zupa's dream come true. Oh, and the Vermont Maple Blueberry Salad was a hit at the BBQ.

Here it is:

2 granny smith apples, diced
Romaine lettuce
1/2 C. blueberries
1/2 C. crumbled bleu cheese
1/4 C. cinnamon almonds
VINAIGRETTE:
A handful of chopped onion
2 T. apple cider vinegar
3 T. pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
Mix Onion, Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Salt and Black pepper together in my Blendtec. Add Olive oil and mix.




No comments: