Monday, January 17, 2011

Emery's 7th Birthday!!


There's my beautiful 7 year old daughter!!!

Menu

Breakfast

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yogurt
Clementines
Strawberries

Lunch

Chicken
Ceasar Salad
Croutons
rolls

Dinner

Olive Garden

Emery got to choose her meal plan for the day. The big present that she wanted was going to get her ears pierced. We went to Claire's and she was a little nervous. We told her that she didn't have to do it, but she wanted to do it. She picked out light pink studs. I held her shaking hand while they pierced her ears. I am so proud of her!!! She did awesome!!!
When we got home, she told me, "Mom, when I am grown up...I'm going to tell my daughter that it hurts to get your ears pierced."
That night we went and ate at Olive Garden with our dear friends. They had a daughter that was turning 9. Our friend asked Emery if it hurt and she said, "oh, just a little." And then when my parents asked her she said, "not really."
She is such a funny girl. Emery, I love you so much. You amaze me every day. I love that you are a wonderful big sister and challenge yourself. Happy Birthday baby girl!

4 comments:

Maxmomma said...

Oh Britt! She looks so old and wonderful! What a brave little gal to go for the ear piercing! Love you and really miss you today.

P.S. I figured out what the cabbage leaves were for and tried them too- I thought they helped!

Sarah Turley said...

Happy Birthday Emmy!

Kristin said...

Seven already!! WOW!

ali said...

Did you know that I used to pierce ears for a big department store? It was a short-lived gig. It was before the guns...I would hold ice on the earlobe and then push the earring through the ear and into a cork. Barbaric? Perhaps..but even back in the day girls liked to feel pretty! Happy Birthday Jellybean!