Sunday, September 25, 2011

Being "Single"

So, I have a few minutes before I Skype with my parents....so I thought I would jot down some happenings.

I have been a "single" parent for 4 days....and I'm ready for my sweet hubby to be back.

Thursday: Soccer Practices. Every Thursday, Emery and Ethan have soccer practices. Ethan has his at 4:30 and Emery's at 5:00. It is nice that they overlap a 1/2 hr...but that means I have to entertain my two youngest for an hour and a half. So bring on the snacks....and craziness.

Friday: Went to Movie Night at the kid's school. They showed National Treasure. They just had it on the football field. It was actually pretty fun. If you call playing Tag with six 2nd graders...then wohoo! Yes, I had to take several time-outs. haha. There was Chick-fil-a, a jumping castle and kids to play with. We didn't stay for the whole movie...but Miles was so interested in the stars. He kept on pointing to them and making me look with him. Cute boy!

Saturday: 9am-Soccer Game; 11-Lunch; 12-Soccer game; 2-Birthday party; 2:30-pick up apples for applesauce; 3:30-Pick up Emery from Birthday Party; 4-Diaper run; 5-Pizza and Movie

Sunday: Went to church. Sang in a duet for ward choir. It went well. Skyped with my parents. Made applesauce. (So this applesauce is a recipe that Ethan got in kindergarten) The applesauce is awesome!

Recipe:
10 apples, peeled and sliced
1 lemon, juiced
1 Cinnamon stick
Put in crockpot for 3 hours on high. Smash apples. Eat and enjoy!

Totally yummy.

5 comments:

Sarah Turley said...

Wow you've been busy. But thanks for letting us put your hubby to work and play with us :) We missed you and the kids. So excited to see you for thanksgiving!

David Andrews said...

You have a great blog Britt, when you have the time please check out my site - http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com - it would be nice to see what you think of it.

ali said...

What a busy family! I love your spunk and we-can-do-it attitude! Thank you for skyping with us. Please remind Ethan how he went through a stage when he liked to sit on your shoulders and cover your eyes while you're talking! Keep up the good work...you're a fantastic mom!
Mom

The Galvez-Wrights said...

HI boo magoo. Love you little sis! You will always be in my head as the cute little girl that I was always envious off. Why? Because you had this beautiful olive skin and BIG brown eyes and such a sweet and innocent way about you. I love ya sister- I am learning that it is common of older sisters to be envious of littler ones.
-Andrea

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

cute blog!