Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jac heads to San Fran in November

A few months ago, Jac spoke at the 360 Flex conference in San Jose. (which is a conference for computer guys)  He said that his presentation went really well and that he made a lot of connections.  There is another BIG conference called the Max Conference, which is also for computer guys, so another great reason to get together with fellow computer "guys" and talk geek for 3 days straight!  The big kahuna over this Max Conference emailed Jac and said that they have a few presentation openings and wanted Jac to speak at the Max conference.  Jac really wanted to go, but it was to expensive...so what a blessing (and honor, I must say) that he gets to go to the Max conference for free.  (excluding the plane ticket down there...but what the hey, right?)

I am so proud of my honey.  And I am grateful that he gets to go and present at Max.  Way to go sweetie and good luck!    

10 comments:

Kristin said...

That is exciting! Congrats Jac!

Tom Ortega said...

We're pretty proud of your honey too! Too bad he didn't bring you and the little ones to 360|Flex. They could've fed the fish and romped around with my little ones (and partaken in the root beer floats)!

- Tom
A big kahuna of the little nerd conference :)

John Wilker said...

What Tom said. As the other big Kahuna of the little nerd conference, it was our pleasure to have him, and more than a pleasure to recommend him to the big kahuna of the big conference.

nerds rule!

Britt Wright said...

Oh man. Sorry l should watch what I say about Jac's work experience. And don't get me wrong...I love nerds! I'm married to one. Well, thanks Tom and John, for taking the "nerd" jokes in stride. I really appreciate and am grateful for you guys. I hope to someday meet you both. And I agree...Nerds Rule!

Tom Ortega said...

Joke? I hate to break it to you, but it's no joke. We are nerds. LOL

Like John says though, we're proud of it!

I still like this little ditty that proves nerds win in the end. :)

Britt Wright said...

Sweet "little ditty" Tom. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Turley said...

I have such a smart brother. Tell him congrats.

Morgan and Joel said...

I do believe this deserves a running man while chanting "Go Jac, Go Jac, GO, GO, Go Jac!"

Tom Ortega said...

@morgan_and_joel

If so, two things:

1) Can we get Jac to do this?

2) Can I specifically get video or pics to put up at our next keynote? :)

Jessi said...

Super Awesome Jac!!! I know I wouldn't understand a word of your presentation, since it will be in "geek talk" as Brittany so affectionatly described it:)...but I really do think it would be fun to see you present:)