Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Cat Free

I did it. I gave Zelda away. You see, Zelda and I have a "love - hate" relationship. At times I am glad we had him, and at times not so much. I told Emery if we ever moved we would have to get rid of the cat. And, seeing that we signed papers last night...it seems official. I put Zelda on an add in our local newspaper about a week ago and a week later, I found a good home for him. So when I knew they were coming to pick him up this afternoon, a little bit of my heart was sad. But I knew it would be best. No, I'm glad we had the experience to have a kitty, but let's just say....it will be awhile before we get another pet. The couple who got him was a couple who had to leave their gray cat when they moved and suprisingly, their cat and Zelda looked identical. They love Zelda and I hope he is happy in his new home. Emery did awesome, I've been talking about Zelda going to a new home, she gave him right to her new owner. Ethan cried because we had to give Zelda's toy away.

6 comments:

Wright Family said...

I'm glad you were able to find a nice home for him. It's way awesome that you started blogging.

Wright Family said...

by the way that is me Kari it's long story why it say my parents name. I'll be fixing in the near future.

Morgan and Joel said...

I hate cats. Your life will improve immensely. Congrats. -Joel

Nathan said...

Congrats on the new place (or did you just sign papers to get rid of your cat?) Everyone's life is better without cats.

I think I'm going to tell the kids that we have to get rid of the bird, fish, dog and tree frog. I'm sure they'll relinquish the pets without any resistance.

Lauren said...

Aww, I'm sorry you had to do that, but it sounds like it was for the best. Congratulations on signing papers! So, does that mean you got the house, or sold your house? Or both? I hope it's all good news!

I guess you'll have to buy Ethan a new cat toy. :) That is too cute!

Maxmomma said...

Hooray! No more kitty litter!!!! That alone is cause for celebration :). Any news on the house?