Sunday, March 30, 2008

Making Chocolate Chip Cookies

We made chocolate chip cookies! Ethan and Emery were such big helpers. They each took a turn pouring in ingredients. I am so proud of them. I should do more cooking experiences with them. Though, with chocolate chip cookies, I am still trying to find the perfect recipe. So, if any of you know a great chocolate chip cookie recipe, send it my way. It would be greatly appreciated. The kids loved eating the dough.

Emery is holding a horsey that she made in preschool. She colored it with every color of the rainbow. It was cowboy/cowgirl week. All week they learned about what it meant by being a cowboy/cowgirl and then they finished up the week with a "round-up." She had a ball! I got a bit side-tracked there, but as you can see with eating so many cookies...it makes one a little silly. Emmy and Ethan were making silly faces while sounding out the "jungle call" like Tarzan. I must say, it was pretty cute and funny. Overall, the cookies were a smash hit!

6 comments:

Morgan and Joel said...

We made Choc Chip Cookies last night! We were going to ask the same thing - if anyone had perfected the process - ours totally flattened out - but still tasted good!

Lauren said...

Mmmm, those look yummy! That's so fun to do! It's one of Nate and the kids' favorite things to do together. I'll see if he doesn't have a recipe he thinks is worth sharing. I have to say, he's made some mighty tasty batches!

Britt said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I can't believe we all have at least 3 kids now. We haven't seen you guys in forever! I noticed you blog while looking at the Torgersens. Can we add you so we can keep up?
~Brittany

tarynn said...

One of the yummiest recipes I've ever tasted is on the back of a bag of choc. chips. The brand is Guittard (they have silver and gold pkgs). It's a little hard to find, but Harmon's carries them. And it's their extra semi-sweet kind. My sister-in-law made them and I think I ate half the batch. If you don't want to go find the choc. chips, let me know and i'll send the recipe to you :)
Hey Morg-
try adding flour if your cookies are flattening out...

Nathan said...

I fixed the our kitchenaid last night - next stop Chocolate-Chip-Cookieopolis. Down here I need to add a about 1/3c extra sugar and ~1/2c more flour to get them to not flatten out.

shansen20 said...

Looks like fun times for the Wright household! I've got a pretty decent recipe that calls for no eggs, so there is no worry about eating all the cookie dough you want. let me know if you want it. -Stacy