Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Surprise Snowballs

When I woke up this morning it looked like this:



I love it when it snows and it covers everything.  I actually gets me thinking about Christmas and puts me thinking about Jesus' birth and serving others.  But Emery was having a couple of friends over to play and we decided to make "Surprise Snowballs."  A recipe from my childhood days from the book Cookies for kids.  (these recipes never have let me down...seriously, I know it sounds dumb, but I love this cookbook!)

So the recipe is like a shortbread cookie recipe and you put M&M's in the middle, cook them and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  (hence: snowballs)  The girls (and Ethan) had fun making surprise snowballs on a snowy day. 

Ethan is showing his anticipation for friends to come over and make cookies.  (what a goof!)
 
The kids smiling proud of their rolled cookies.


It got messy!  But the kids loved every minute!
  
Powdering the "snowballs."  I gave them each individual bags so they could shake their own cookies.

The finished product. 


Mmmm...they were good.  Thanks for coming over girls!  We had a blast.


11 comments:

Sarah Turley said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. You're such a cute little creative mom.

Morgan and Joel said...

I don't remember these from our childhood!?!?! I wish I did - they sure look yummy.

Maxmomma said...

You are incredible, Lady! You are not only letting kids come over for a playdate when you are sick and dealing with other pain (wink), but you make incredible cookies too???!!! I am so impressed. You are a great mom, Britt.

I would love that recipe, if you ever get a spare minute. They sound awesome!

Love you and hope you feel better very soon!

Britt Wright said...

Oh Morg, it was just from the same childhood cookbook. (you know the one with cyclops cookies and cornflake cookies)

Rachel said...

thanks for having the girls over. They had such a great time! I don't know how you do it all...

Rochelle said...

Wow, looks COLD there:). We'll have to do that again sometime!!!

Josh and Emily Mason said...

Britt, you really are the cool mom that I someday hope to be!! I'll have to visit your blog more often for pointers. . . :0)

Britt Wright said...

Just for those readers out there..and for your information....I am not pregnant. I had two people ask me if I was pregnant because of the prior comment. Though, I am excited for that day to happen...you will all know when I am pregnant.

Jenn said...

My mom made those but without the M&M in the middle, great idea! It was cute to see my two primary girls playing together! I just love Emery and Sophie!!!

Di said...

Well, if you say you're not then we have to believe you.... ;) j/k! What a fun mom you are! What a lot of snow too! I'll have to make those with the kids next time it snows here, Elena would LOVE it!

Unknown said...

You're pregnant and I'm the last to know!!!! Ouch! Just one question-why do the kids get shortbread with M&Ms, while yo' mama gets Diet Sprite cupcakes?????