Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm addicted!!!

I love this time of year!! I get so excited when it gets cold outside and I get to listen to Christmas music. I love the Christmas season and how everything is focused on Jesus' birth and serving others. My goal is to teach my children what the true meaning of Christmas is.

My kids picked the Christmas station in the car looonng before Thanksgiving. At first I was "not so keen" on listening to Christmas music that early, not because I didn't like it, but that by the time Christmas came around, the songs would be overplayed. But I actually enjoyed having the Christmas station on in the car. Having all of the songs geared towards Christmas is actually really nice and yes, at times, uplifting. Now here is the big addiction: www.pandora.com. It is an internet radio that has a variety of different stations....and most of all Christmas music! I absolutely love it! So, go to www.pandora.com and check it out.

Things I have been doing this Christmas season:

*Emery and Ethan have helped me go through their toys and gather up the toys that they don't play with to give away to less fortunate kids.

*In the Friend Magazine, there is an article titled, "Stories of Jesus, tell them to Me." They had a picture of Jesus and a scripture to read for each day of the month of December. I took it upon myself to read these scripture references with the kids...and it has been a wonderful experience...more than I thought it would be. When we read these scriptures about Jesus, I find myself being humbled and the Spirit testifies to me of Christ's birth and ministry and complete greatness that everything he did was, in fact, for us.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great Post!! Thanks, maybe I'll have to play catch up with the Friend Magazine thing. I think we would love that!

Kristin said...

I agree. Pandora totally rocks my world. I'm listening to it right now, in fact. All you have to do is put in the name of a band you love, and it plays other music like it. Why didn't I think if this!!

Di said...

Hm, I obviously didn't read my friend like I should have...maybe we'll carry Christmas into next year?