Monday, May 19, 2008

Planting Day

Every Spring time my Grandparents have Planting Day.  All of their family is invited to help put in flowers for the upcoming year.  It has been a tradition for as long as I can remember.  I love going and being with family.  I love forming closer bonds with family and enjoying how beautiful my grandparents garden is.  Their garden is calming and I love how the smell of flowers in bloom really takes you away for just a moment.  I am so grateful for my Grandparents and what a great legacy they are leaving for their family, they are great examples to me on how important family is and that can really be together forever.  Love you Grandma and Grandpa!      


5 comments:

Morgan and Joel said...

Thank you so much for these pics! I love that I was represented by the phone, and I LOVE Jac's hat! How did he get so stylish?

Hadlock Hideaway said...

What a wonderful tradition. Maybe we should copy... I am always looking for traditions that we can do, since right now we don't have many of our very own. It looks like you all had fun!

Jessi said...

I love this tradition. My favorite picture is the first one where Emery is carrying the water pale. So precious! Thanks for sharing Britt.

Kristin said...

No wonder your grandparents have such an amazing yard! They get everyone out to help plant! That is such a great idea! How fun!

Lauren said...

Oh how we miss planting day! Thank you for posting those pictures. It's great to "see" everyone. I just love (and miss) Grandma & Grandpa and their beautiful garden so much! We miss you all!